News & events
New course release: "Vocabulary for General English"
- Using the "WordMine" vocabulary learning system.
- Well over 6000 word course.
- Course covers the most frequent and useful words of general English.
- A 6000 word vocabulary covers over 95% of written English and 98% of spoken English, and is the 'fluency threshold' beyond which people can guess remaining unknown words in context without a dictionary.
- Computer adaptive diagnostic/placement test.
- Utilizes data from the 410+ million word Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA),the largest corpus of American English currently available, and the only publicly-available corpus of American English to contain a wide array of texts from a number of genres.
- Target audience: People who want to improve their English vocabulary.