News & events
Academic English released
We are very pleased to announce the release of our first academic English course for university students. Academic English offers engaging listening and reading lessons with vocabulary from the Academic Word List as well as short videos which provide tips on how to study and keep learners motivated. All of this is seamlessly integrated across desktop computers, mobile phones, and tablet devices. See here for more details on the Academic English course.
Need to Read course update
We have re-released our popular multi-level reading skills development course, Need to Read. This version offers a new carousel menu design so now lessons are easily searchable by industry topic. The upgraded course offers a fixed set of lessons for business professionals as well as university and private language school students with prominently displayed daily tips for improving reading strategies and skills.
Practical English 7 course update
We're also happy to announce some minor updates to Practical English 7:
- Updates to 29 lessons (new animations and videos)
- Includes updated Help files with new TOEIC/CEFR equivalencies
Practical English 7 released
We're happy to announce the release of Practical English 7, the latest version of our flagship general English course.
Practical English is a comprehensive grammar, reading and listening course built around a vocabulary syllabus, for elementary to advanced students.
Improvements with version 7 include:
- Richer, more visual experience for learners
- More animations and movies to help learners understand new language
- Greater variety of activities to help learners practice
- More lessons at more levels
- A more accurate levelling system
- Improved multi-device experience (improved usability and consistency of experience across smartphone, tablet, and PC versions)