6. Vocabulary range and retention
Customer: One of the largest global electronics companies
As a massive conglomerate with significant international business, this electronics company views the ability of employees to communicate in English as critical. Reallyenglish supplies a number of courses, but when the request came for a vocabulary-learning course, WordMine was chosen as the best option.
- Course chosen: Vocabulary for General English
- Learner levels: varied but majority intermediate - advanced
- Course duration: 6 months
- Number of learners: 600+
- Course completion criteria: Fully memorize and effectively use 400 new words
- Course completion rate: 90%
- HR said "we were surprised that so many people have been taking vocabulary. When we ask them why, many say that they already have decent grammar, reading and listening, but their lack of vocabulary depth and familiarity with spoken and written forms impairs their understanding."
Customer: A very large Japanese financial firm
This top tier Japanese domestic business has made significant moves into the international market in recent years. With a focus in securities, acquiring information quickly is critical to offering up-to-date services to its clients. As a result, employees can no longer wait for translation, but need to be able to understand the information directly.
- Course chosen: Vocabulary for the Finance Industry
- Learner levels: intermediate - advanced
- Course duration: 5 months
- Number of learners: 40+
- Course completion criteria: Fully memorize and effectively use all words in the course
- Course completion rate: 60%
- Final Test Score average: 86%
- HR said "we had thought that reading training would be sufficient, but we realized that vocabulary was also critical. Without a good understanding of the vocabulary, our reading speeds were very slow. We believe we accomplished our objective which was to build a foundation for access to overseas information."