IELTS B2 Listening & Reading
For students taking IELTS with a target score of 5.5 or above. This course delivers clear and objective improvements in Academic IELTS Listening and Reading scores through improved test awareness, practical test-taking strategies, and reading/listening skills.
Academic English skills and IELTS test strategies
- 30 one-hour lessons: 15 listening and 15 reading.
- Immediate feedback on performance.
- Tips and animated tutorials in every lesson, helping learners understand the exam format and improve their test taking strategies.
- Exposure to realistic academic IELTS listening and reading texts.
- Built-in review of test-taking strategies to maximise practice and improve confidence.
- Each lesson follows an easy-to-understand four-part format covering a task focus (a particular IELTS question type), a language focus (for example, suffixes, or language for talking about statistics), a skills focus (for example, scanning for gist), and finally a short test to check understanding and provide immediate feedback.
- Seamless integration across devices: computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
- On mobile devices, download lessons for offline study.
- Focus shows you the first three lessons you need to study. Click to start your first lesson.
- You can also select lessons by topic and type (reading, listening) from the All Activities tab.
- Review any lesson whenever you like and as many times as you like.
- Repeat until you've passed enough lessons to pass your course
- Print your course completion certificate.
Requirements to pass the course
Recommended: Pass all lessons (60% or more in each lesson test)
- Individuals at B2 level (TOEIC®* 785-945) who need to achieve an IELTS test score of 5.5 or more in the Listening and Reading parts of the Academic IELTS test.
- Students with the goal of studying abroad.
Recommended: six months
System requirementsSee here for the current system requirements for Reallyenglish courses.
Listening (15 lessons)
- Archaeology today
- Business and product solutions
- Different sides of sport
- Finding accommodation
- Health and fitness
- Music for all
- Oral history
- Personality and psychology
- Places of learning
- Solving social problems
- Taking a trip away
- The Listening test
- The march of technology
- Wild and domesticated animals
- Your working life
Reading (15 lessons)
- A fairer society
- Nature and scientific research
- Out of the ordinary
- Pioneers and heroes
- Plant survival
- Study skills
- Success and failure in business
- Technology: past and present
- The city
- The importance of sand
- The Reading test
- The Silk Roads
- True lies