IELTS Foundation (A2)
For students at A2 who are planning to take IELTS in the future. This course outlines the main features of the IELTS Listening and Reading sections and provides relevant language development and exam-related tips to prepare students.
Academic English skills and IELTS test strategies
- 30 one-hour lessons: 15 listening and 15 reading.
- Immediate feedback on performance.
- Tips and animated tutorials in every lesson, helping learners understand the exam format and improve their test taking strategies.
- Exposure to realistic academic IELTS listening and reading texts.
- Built-in review of test-taking strategies to maximise practice and improve confidence.
- Each lesson follows an easy-to-understand three-part format covering language study, exam skills and a short test to check understanding and provide immediate feedback on performance.
- Seamless integration across devices: computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
- On mobile devices, download lessons for offline study.
- Focus shows you the first three lessons you need to study. Click to start your first lesson.
- You can also select lessons by topic and type (reading, listening) from the All Activities tab.
- Review any lesson whenever you like and as many times as you like.
- Repeat until you've passed enough lessons to pass your course
- Print your course completion certificate.
Requirements to pass the course
Recommended: Pass all lessons (60% or more in each lesson test)
- Individuals at A2 level (TOEIC®* 225-545) who are planning to take the Academic IELTS test in the future.
- Students with the goal of studying abroad.
Recommended: six months
System requirementsSee here for the current system requirements for Reallyenglish courses.
Listening (15 lessons)
- Comparing cultures
- Exploring the oceans
- Food, cooking and diet
- Friends abroad
- Hobbies, interests and sports
- Looking after your health
- On-campus services
- Out and about
- Preparing a presentation
- Shopping and spending
- Staying safe
- Studying, exams and revision
- The world of animals
- Working for a living
- Your work-life balance
Reading (15 lessons)
- Back to Nature
- Body and mind
- British Culture
- Business Management
- City life
- Community matters
- Crime detection
- Extreme weather
- Know your rights
- Places and travel
- Science and technology at home
- Spending habits
- Studying in another country
- The importance of friendship